This policy (together with the Terms of Website Use www.johnpye.co.uk/website-conditions/ and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any data John Pye & Sons Ltd (“we” or “us”) collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us, referred to in this policy as your “Data”. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our users and the following policy shows the practices in place regarding your Data and how we treat it. Please read the following carefully. By visiting our website www.johnpye.co.uk (“the Site”) you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
Information We may collect from you
When you visit, register or use the services on this Site, we may collect and process the following information about you:
- Information that you provide through the use of enquiry and registration forms on our Site.
- We may collect information from any correspondence that you have with us.
- Details of transactions when you purchase any of our products or services.
- We may keep a record of details of your visits to our site, including but not limited to your searches, the products and properties and pages that you looked at, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
- Technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
We may also receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We may also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
Use & Disclosure of the Information
We may use your Data and information in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations and to provide you with the information, goods or services that you request from us.
- To notify you about important changes to this Site or our services.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you about other goods or services which may interest you.
- To conduct market research.
- To ensure that the content from our Site will be presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
We may disclose your information to business partners and to third party suppliers we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf, successors in title to our business or in accordance with a properly executed court order or otherwise required to do so by law.
We may also use your Data, or permit selected third parties to use your Data, to provide you with information about other goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these. If you do not want us to use your Data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, then please let us know when we collect your Data.
We will retain your Data for a reasonable period or for as long as is required by law.
Where We Store Personal Information
Please be aware that the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your Data, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links to Other Websites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to Information
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.