By the early 90s John Pye & Sons had a problem; they were almost becoming the victims of their own success – the company was quickly running out of trading space.
From 1991 the old ‘Shippos’ site was moth-balled and unoccupied for 4 years, leaving one of Nottingham’s proudest and oldest industrial sites a shadow of its former self.
In 1995 the Pye family made their boldest commercial move; acquiring a site three times the size of their Cattle Market premises by becoming owner operators of the former Shipstones ‘Star Brewery’.
Thus the hard work began. John Pye & Sons had to renovate a site which had been left unoccupied for four years. They scrimped and saved, managing a multi-million pound redevelopment and thus ultimately safeguarding one of the last great industrial and historical architectural jewels of Nottingham (a site which dates back to 1900), as well as bringing new business and employment opportunities to the area.
From here the company’s organic growth has gone from strength to strength.